SAICA introduced a compulsory ethics programme which is effective from 1 January 2019 in respect of all trainees whose contracts end after 31 March 2019.
Training office’s compliance with this requirement will be measured at re-accreditation visits, through Criterion C.7.
Trainees will join a 1-day compulsory and interactive workshop.
After attending the workshop, trainees will complete an online assessment questionnaire and obtain a CPD certificate.
Our presenters are qualified Chartered Accountants as well as accredited SAICA Assessors. This programme meets all the requirements set by SAICA.
In this course trainees will learn how to apply ethical principles in practice, reflect on interactive discussions during the workshop, collaborate and apply thinking and behavioural skills in the workplace.
• What are ethics
• Why ethics are important
• How to build reputation and trust through ethics in one’s career and business
• The consequences of ethical failure
• What drives ethical choices
• Different values and how they underpin behaviour in the workplace
• How to integrate ethical principles and apply them to scenarios that typically arise in the accounting
• Practical tools to help improve ethical behaviour
• How to make ethical decisions in complex situations
• The role of the chartered accountant in ensuring ethical and effective governance in organisations
and his/her responsibilities in this regard
• The role of the manager/employee in building an ethical culture in organisations and his/her
responsibilities in this regard.
SAICA introduced a compulsory ethics programme which is effective from 1 January 2019 in respect of all trainees whose contracts end after 31 March 2019. Training office’s compliance with this requirement will be measured at re-accreditation visits, through Criterion C.7:
Each trainee whose training contract has an end date after 31 March 2019 receives a formal ethics programme of 6 to 8 hours duration (including breaks).
Delegates must have the following available on the course day:
• Own computers (PC or laptop) with Excel and MS Word loaded onto the machine
• Stable internet Connection (Wi-Fi or 3G) with sufficient data for the two days
• Headset (microphone, speakers) for each delegate
• Webcam (external or built-in) – recommended
• Google Chrome loaded onto the machine (breakout functionality)
For the engagement activities and online tools, other devices such as the iPad and iPhone are NOT recommended.
Please ensure that you are logged in 15 minutes prior to the start of the session
We also offer an ALTERNATIVE training session, which will be presented in association with Tall Trees Profiles.
After attending the workshop, trainees will complete a PoE (Proof of Evidence File), containing the application of hands-on tools on how to apply ethical principles in practice, reflect on interactive discussions during the workshop, collaborate and apply thinking and behavioural skills in the workplace.
In addition to the SAICA requirements, the following content are also offered:
• Complete a temperament profile test with Tall Trees Profiles – learn what type of tree you are so you can become a deep-rooted YOU! Gain self-knowledge, confirmation where you can make your greatest contribution. You will receive your own personalised Growth Plan!
• Gain knowledge of others: conflict management, cultural diversity, communication styles, time management
• Tailor communication to different audiences, including interviewing the client, verbal, non-verbal and social media skills
• Start building your own brand
The following PC(C) skills will be assessed on completion of the PoE file:
All Professional Conduct Skills - PC(C) 1
PC(C) 1 Being straightforward and honest in all business and professional relationships
PC(C) 2 Identifies and adequately responds to potential ethical dilemmas
PC(C) 3 Carries out work with due care
PC(C) 4 Not allowing bias, conflict of interest or undue influence of others to override professional or business judgement
PC(C) 5 Respects and protects the confidentiality of information
PC(C) 6 Maintains and enhances the profession’s reputation
PLUS one choice of a Management and leadership skill - ML (C)
PLUS one choice of a Personal Attribute skills – PA(C)
Once the workshop has been attended and the PoE file has been assessed, the trainee may elect a top-up assessment for the remainder of the other PSR skills. This process will also be facilitated between the trainee and Assessor.
To book for this course / workshop, go to our main website: Select ‘Tall Trees Courses’ and select Compulsory ethics programme for SAICA trainees – VT
Or contact Nerissa Singh to assist with this alternative course offering.